NY- The Little Red Lighthouse under the George Washington Bridge
The plaque reads:
The Little Red Lighthouse
Built in 1921, decommissioned in 1932, originally known as Jeffrey’s Hook Lighthouse, it stands 28 feet above high water and had a candlepower of 10. Immortalized in the children’s book, “The Little Red Lightouse and the Gray Bridge” by Hildegarde H. Swift, published in 1942, it is the last surviving lighthouse on Manhattan Island.